Premature ejaculation only in the first attempt

I'm 23, and i'm in my first serious relationship. I am having problems during sex as I ejaculate after a minute and sometimes even less. The only thing i've done to remedy this so far is once i've ejaculated, 3-5 minutes later i'm able to start again and last 30 minutes to an hour before having an orgasm.

The strange thing is, when I ejaculate prematurely, it never really feels as good as when I do it the second time around. The second time around I also feel I have full control of when I want to ejaculate whereas when I prematurely ejaculate I have little to no control over it whatsoever (even if I try to take my mind off of it etc)

I have the exact same thing with masturbation also. This only happens when I stimulate the head also.

I was circumcised at age 19 due to severe phimosis.

Expert:  Dr. Srikanth Reddy replied 4 Days.

Thank you for your query at DoctorSpring.com.

I have gone through your details and I can understand what you are going through.
The condition that you are suffering is called premature ejaculation. Now its a type of anxiety disorder and the person normally suffers from performance anxiety where in he is anxious if he can perform or not.

The best part is with time this problem settles down on its own. Ones you are married and perform sex in a legally and socially accepted relationship there are no doubts in the brain and that leads to proper sexual act.

As of now you can try the start stop technique. Your girlfriend is supposed to start stimulating you and the moment you are about to ejaculated she is supposed to stop all the stimulaton and and hold your penis head hard.

Perineal exercises also help. These are the muscle exercises that occur when you contract the perineal muscles like when you are trying to stop the urine or feces. You have to do this contrations repeatedly.

One short solution is medications. Some patients are not willing to wait for these acts to produce results and instead demand medicines. I prescribe them 12.5 mg paroxetine at night and they are happy with the results.

Hope i am able to help with your concerns. If you have any further queries I would be more than happy to help you.

Kind regards
Dr. Srikanth Reddy
Psychiatrist and Sexologist

Dr. Srikanth Reddy
Doctor of Medicine (MD), Psychiatry Residency Program,2001 – 2012
M.B.B.S,Mahatma Gandhi Institute Of Medical Sciences, Sevagram

Certificate Course in sex Therapy and Counselling, Sexology and Counselling, A
Sexology,Medikon Sexual Sciences, Mumbai

Training in Advanced Neurology at a leading corporate hospital (CARE hospital) in Hyderabad

Child Psychiatry Training in National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro-Sciences, Bangalore

Sex Therapy and Counsellingat MEDIKON Sexual Sciences, Mumbai.