Treatment for RING WORM in groin area. NIZAROL, SPORANOX.

I have had what my dermatologist has said is " ring worm " in my bikini and groin area. He prescribed me sporanox oral fungal tablet for 15 days, nizarol cream twice daily, and a potassium permaganate solution 1/10000 twice daily. I have followed this religiously, but it has not gone away and seems to still be spreading out, even though i finished the 15 day oral antifungal and continued wih the cream and potassium permanganate solution. I am in no way sexually active. I'm getting married in 2 days, my future husband and his family are flying out here from the middle east for the wedding , there is no way I can discuss this with them, esp in our culture it's too embarrassing. Please please help i have attachd the latest developments. The ones at the inner thighs are from the last week unfortunatley. What could this be. I dont have health insurance and cannot afford to go back to the the dermatologist any time soon.

From the images, it definitely looks like a fungal infection, which should have resolved by now. However, instead of Nizarol cream, I will advise you to apply Clotrimazole ointment ( Canesten ) or powder 2-3 times daily along with Fluconazole tablet 150 mg once daily till the symptoms subside. It seems like Itraconazole ( Sporanox ) did not work well on the infection . Please keep the area open as much as possible for it to heal quicker.

Dear Doctor,
Thank you for your quick and kind reply. Could this be transmitted to my husband tomorrow night? Can he lso take the medication to prevent him from getting it? Theres no way i can say he cant come near me on our wedding night. Im really worried

You seem to be having the fungal infection that we refer to as the tinea cruris. I would recommend that you take tab. lamisil 250 mg once a day for 3 weeks . Also you can apply lamisil cream mixed with fucidin cream twice daily for 3 weeks. Seeing the severity, I am prescribing this stronger regimen for you. Unfortunately, this comes up in a wrong time for you, and can be transmitted to your husband.
It may take a little time to clear up, but it will surely clear up.
Please make sure that you keep the area dry, eliminate any creams that have steroids in it, do not repeat any clothes that are unwashed after wearing them once, bathe twice daily.