Problems growing facial hair

I am having problems growing facial hair. My dad and brother both had full facial hair by the time they were 17. I am 21 and only have a small scruffle under my chin. I have researched this a lot and have even tried possible suggestions like applying rogaine to my face twice a day and nothing works. I want something strong that actually works even if i have to get a prescription from my doctor. I want a large beard and i want it fast. Can you please help me?

I understand your concern. Facial hair is determined by your genetic makeup (which is from your father and mother). So unless it grows naturally it is very difficult to alter its course.

I would like to know whether you have normal pubic hair. Also is there any hair of your chest and/or back. Do you have history of any significant medical illness in the past ?

You can reply as a followup

No serious medical illness in the past. Also no hair on my back or chest. Normal pubic hair

Some people just take time to grow facial hair. It really depends on your body and genetic make up. The best you should do to wait for a couple more years. There are no effective shortcuts or treatment. My recommendation is evidence based and scientific

However there are a few things that need to be kept in mind:-

1. Check the male hormone levels as facial hair is a secondary sexual characteristic and is related to the male hormone called testosterone. You do not need this test now as you have normal pubic hair growth. Consider this after 1-2 years if needed.

2. Eat good nutritious and protein rich food.

3. Take multivitamins and biotin which is the vitamin for hair.

4. Have a good exercise routine which will enable better circulation to the face and enable better hair growth.