PROGNOSIS of ITC with good ALLRED score.

I hope with my good ALLRED score, that the AI's would make my itc's dormant for many many years. Like maybe 20 years.  I know you have told me that you think I have a good prognosis.

Do you think that 20 years old patientis possible or likely?

Category: Oncologist

Expert:  Dr. Prasad Eswaran replied 4 Days.

Thank you for your query at DoctorSpring.com.

It would take years. May be decades. I am not sure if it is specifically 20 years.

Feel free to ask queries.

Thank you for your answer.
When you say it would take years old patientor decades, is that just with the first AI?
Then, would there still be more time than that with other hormonal therapies that work differently?

Expert:  Dr. Prasad Eswaran replied 3 Days.

Yes. It takes years old patientfor disease progression, if any.

AI and subsequent hormones are very good in keeping disease under control for years old patienttogether.

Would be glad to answer any follow-ups.

Thank you for your very helpful answer. Now, I am wondering if this applies to people with itc's or metastasis. I know that lots of people use AI's when they are just in the early stages of breast cancer, and of course it keeps their disease under control--because they probably have nothing leftover to kill or make dormant. But, if someone has itc's (as I do) or mets, do you think the AI's work the same, and keep the disease dormant for many years?
From the answers above, I think (and really hope) that this is true. But, I just want to make sure.

Expert:  Dr. Prasad Eswaran replied 2 Days.

Previously nobody knew if patients had ITC or not. They were given AI and everything worked fine. Now the ITC is a new concept which is still not incorporated in routine clinical practice and guidelines.

So your treatment is still in lines of those millions who were treated with AI in previous years old patientwith good ALL RED score and better prognosis.

I too hope AI will be working equally on all cells expressing ER. Action of drugs at cellular level is still an enigma.

My oncologist just told me today that he thinks I am at high risk for bone mets because of the itc's. Sometimes I think he forgets about my ALLRED score and the ai's.
Do you think I am at high risk for bone mets? I was hoping the ai's would make the itc's dormant.

Expert:  Dr. Prasad Eswaran replied 1 Day.

I am sorry i won't be able to predict future like that.
I sincerely aplogize for that.

Dr. Prasad Eswaran
Doctorate in Medicine (Fellowship in Oncology), DM,  Madras Medical College & Govt. General Hospital, Chennai, India.

Doctor of Medicine (Residency in Radiation Oncology) , MD, Christian Medical College, Vellore, Tamilnadu, India, 2004-06.

Diploma in Medical Radiology & Therapy (Residency in Radiation Oncology), D.M.R.T, Madras Medical College & Govt. General Hospital, Chennai, India, 2004-06.

Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery - M.B.B.S, Govt. Stanley Medical College & Hospital, Chennai, India, 1998-2004.