Helped Over 500,000 patients with 98%+ satisfaction.

Connect & Get Personalized 1-to-1 Answers from Expert Doctors

DoctorSpring > Question Home


Resolved Question:

hi doc,
I think i have urinary infection.. did urine test and shows Pus cells: 1-2 and epithelial cells: 3-4. Also specific gravity -1.005
Is this a concern?

Category: Sexually Transmitted Diseases(STD)Specialist

Ask Your Own Question

Category: Cosmetic and Plastic Surgeon
 19 Doctors Online


Thanks for posting your query at

I can understand your concern.

I checked out the pictures but the rim of the penile head has fordyce spots which is a normal finding.

Regarding your other complaints they are unrelated to the Fordyce's spots.

You might be having chronic urinary tract infection and hence the complaints related to the pain in lower back and burning in urethra, scrotum, prostate etc.

But as your doctor has advised investigations it will be best to get them done to come to a diagnosis.

For the itching you can take an anti histamine like claritin. For the dryness,application of a moisturizing cream will be beneficial.

Please let me know if you have any queries.

Take care

Patient replied :

Dr Banodkar,
Thank you for your response. But wouldn't a urinary tract infection come up on a urine test? I did both urine tests that require a large sample and a small sample. Results came back normal. I am having a hard time convincing my doctor to perscribe me something for UTI (such as Diflucan). Is it possible to have normal results with chronic UTI?
Thank you

Sometimes chronic prostatitis can be missed and it won't come up on the routine urine tests.
The only way to find out is through CT SCAN or by getting prostatic secretion cultured.
Once we have the abdominal CT we will have a better idea about your condition.
It is unlikely to be fungal as it is not a common cause of chronic UTI and hence the doctor has not given you Diflucan.
Once you have the report, kindly upload and I will advise you further,

Patient replied :

Dr, If it is in fact prostatitis, shouldnt I be close to cured after 5 months of antibiotics? I would like to note that the tip of my urethra recently peeled and I noticed I have athletes foot which I have not had in the past. I know fungal is uncommon, but is it possible if the woman had a heavy yeast infection? I just dont know why the antibiotics arent curing the condition. I will follow up with CT results.
I'd like to reference this article. It outlines my symptoms very closely:
Thank you


Thanks for your reply.

Men can definitely get yeast infections. But when i checked the picture of your genital area it didn't show any signs of a yeast infection. However if you are providing the history that there was peeling of the skin it would be beneficial to apply the anti fungal cream called Lotrimin. That should help with the yeast infection.

Any changes in the intestine can be picked up by investigations only.

Hence please let me know the results of the investigations your doctor advises.

In case of uti it should have been cured with antibiotics provided you are taking the correct one that works on the organisms causing the uti.

Take care

Dr. Kruti Jobanputra Banodkar
Category: Cosmetic and Plastic Surgeon
Diploma in Dermatology - Royal College Of Physicians & Surgeons Of Glasgow, UK , 2010
Residency - DNB, Dermatology -  K.J Somaiya Hospital, Mumbai, 2009
Medical School & Internship - MBBS - Dr. D . Y . Patil Medical College, Mumbai, 2004
Dr. Kruti Jobanputra Banodkar and 4 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you

Users who read this, also read:

Make informed and better medical decisions.

Join the 500,000 people who found a smarter, quicker way to get Answers, Recommendations & Expert Opinions.

Expert Doctors at fingertips

Recommendation on next step. Second-opinion.Multi-specialty.

Save Time

Average time for answers: 6 hours.

Save Money

$35 for typical specialist consult vs. $120 for a local appointment.

Free Follow-ups

Clarify, ask further questions for free in private conversation.

100% Satisfaction

Money back guarantee for the 1st reply. MEDNET Quality Board.

Start My Consultation



Doctor Spring is a novel online Doctor consultation platform where you can get your medical questions answered by leading Doctors. Just Submit your question and rest assured that you will consult a Doctor easily. Once you submit the question, the Doctor from the concerned specialty will reply within hours. You can always ask more questions or add details with follow-up question options and make it an online doctor chat. You may use this service to consult a specialty or for getting medical second opinion. All paid services come with a MEDNET quality assurance and 100% money back guarantee.

DoctorSpring in news