Query about pregnancy.

Hi just wondering if I would be pregnant? Ive been on the depo needle recently but im a month over due for it.. ive been experiencing bloating.. back pain.. headaches.. abdomal pain.. soreness of the legs.. some discharge.. could this be the needle or am I pregnant?

Hello and thankyou for approaching DoctorSpring with your query.
I have gone through your case and understand your concern.
Your symptoms are not significant. what I mean by that is we cannot say if you are pregnant or not based on the symptoms.

It is not due to the depo needle as you have taken it a while back.

Please can you tell me when was your last period? and since when are you having these symptoms? and usually how long are your menstrual cyles (time from one period to the next period)

If your last period has been more than a 3- 4 weeks back, I would suggest that you visit a gynecologist get examined and get the following tests done to rule out pregnancy or ectopic pregnancy (when pregnancy occurs outside the uterus) or a hydatidiform mole (a growth that forms inside the uterus at the beginning of pregnancy)
1) Serum hCG levels
2) Pelvic ultrasound
3) Serum progesterone levels

I would suggest you should not waste time and visit a gynecologist and get your self evaluated immediately.

Please let me know when was you last period and since when you are having these symptoms so that I can give you a better opinion.
Reply as a follow up.

Thankyou

Hi thankyou I havent had a period for a long time because ive been on the depo needle.. last time I had one was roughly 3+months ago also ive had an increase in my appetite

Hello and thank you for your reply.

If you have not had your periods for 3 months plus , and you have an increased appetite, I would advise you to visit the gynecologist IMMEDIATELY.
As I said earlier you will have to rule out pregnancy, ectopic pregnancy and hydatidform mole as a cause of your symptoms, as these can lead to complications.

You can feel free to follow up after visiting your gynecologist and getting examined and investigated.
I hope this has helped. Please feel free to discuss further.