A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Red raw area with uncomfortable feeling on penis.

Resolved Question:

for the last week or so I've had a uncomfortable feeling on/in my penis area. Sometimes it is a dull pain. Other times it feels like it is "raw" it's a LITTLE red sometimes also. My doctor took a urine sample and said the was a sign of infection and put me on cipro for ten days. I'm not a doctor but I'd bet I didn't have a infection. 3 minutes before the doctor saw me nurse tells me urine was normal But anyway , what do you think could possibly cause my syptoms? I've been checked for STD and I don't have any.

Category: Urologist

Ask Your Own Question

Category: Sexually Transmitted Diseases(STD)Specialist
Dr. Rajiv Goel is online now

Expert:  Dr. Rajiv Goel replied 4 Days.

Dear sir,
Thank you for your query at DoctorSpring.com

It seems you have local infection of the penis head. It shall be great if you could send a picture of your glans. You can upload it here or send it directly to info@doctorspring.com

Take care
Rajiv Goel

Patient replied :

If it is a infection of penis what would be the way to get rid of it?

Expert:  Dr. Rajiv Goel replied 3 Days.

It depends on whether it is bacterial or fungal.
A look at the lesion will help me understand what kind of an infection it is.
Can you kindly upload an image?
Do not worry, it can be treated with oral medication.

Patient replied :

I will email to you, thanks

Expert:  Dr. Rajiv Goel replied 2 Days.

Did you try uploading the image?
Because it's showing blank on your dashboard.
If you're having difficulties kindly mail it to info@doctorspring.com

Expert:  Dr. Rajiv Goel replied 1 Day.

You seem to be having local infection. You should take t. Fluconazole 150 mg once daily for 5 days and apply antifungal cream locally twice daily for 3 weeks under the care of your doctor.

Take care
Rajiv goel

Dr. Rajiv Goel
Category: Sexually Transmitted Diseases(STD)Specialist
MCh(urology) Medical Council of India
Fellow, Laparoscopic urology, Germany
Fellow, Urooncology and Robotic urology, Australia
Felloship - MCH, Urology/Genito-Urinary Surgery, AIIMS, 2004
Residency - MS, Master of Surgery, AIIMS, 2001
Medical School - MBBS, Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery, AIIMS, 1998
Dr. Rajiv Goel and 4 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you

Make informed and better medical decisions.

We believe that getting medical questions answered and getting qualified opinions from certified Doctors should be easier.

Specialists from
UK, US, Ind,
Aus & NZ

48000+ consults
in 2015

98.1% Satisfied

100% Satisfaction

How it works

  • Submit question, upload files, if any
  • Consult is assigned to a specialist
  • Doctor replies, Mean response time: 2 hours
  • Intimation by email, ask follow-ups

Recommendations based on

About DoctorSpring.com

Doctor Spring is a novel online Doctor consultation platform where you can get your medical questions answered by leading Doctors. Just Submit your question and rest assured that you will consult a Doctor easily. Once you submit the question, the Doctor from the concerned specialty will reply within hours. You can always ask more questions or add details with follow-up question options and make it an online doctor chat. You may use this service to consult a specialty or for getting medical second opinion. All paid services come with a MEDNET quality assurance and 100% money back guarantee.

DoctorSpring in News


Make informed and better medical decisions.

Close x

Your account has been deleted.

PS: You can unsubscribe from emails from DoctorSpring, by going to
Unsubscribe link provided in them.