Helped Over 500,000 patients with 98%+ satisfaction.

Connect & Get Personalized 1-to-1 Answers from Expert Doctors

DoctorSpring > Question Home

Risk of developing STD Symptoms

Resolved Question:

Hi doctor, sometime back I was involved in oral sex with a prostitute. We had taken the precaution of using a condom during this time. She had put her fingers onto the tip of my penis (wetted wit vaginal discharge) before she put on the condom for me. I do not know her STD/HIV status so I fear I might catch her infection and develop STD symptoms if she is contaminated with STD. Doctor please tell me whether I should get myself tested for the same?

Category: Community

Ask Your Own Question

Category: Family Physician-GP
 26 Doctors Online

Thank you for your question. Here I see your worry of acquiring STD symptoms and related diseases during insecure sex. AIDS (Acquire Immuno Deficiency Syndrome) is one of the most deadly sexually transmitted disease (STD) nowadays with no treatment so far. HIV virus gets transmitted from syringe infected from a person having AIDS. People sharing needles for drugs are prone to get HIV if the person among them is infected and the needle is contaminated with his blood. From a mother to her offspring from her infected blood during pregnancy. Un- protected sexual intercourse through infected semen or vaginal fluid, mouth (saliva) and rectum.

In your case, you are not sure whether your partner is infected with HIV or not which is a point to worry. I would recommend you to get yourself tested as soon as possible to overcome any confusion related with this problem. Nowadays, an oral test (OraQuick Rapid HIV Test) is being performed which requires saliva as the sample. This test gives result in very less time say about 20 minutes. This test is capable of detecting only Type-I HIV antibodies. This means you can later go on for the normal procedure test for HIV that takes a longer time to get results but the results are accurate and reliable. I hope this would release you from the mental torment which is going on in your mind. Make sure that that you always take a healthy diet and restrict the use of cigarette and alcohol, if any. Take care. Good Luck.

Dr. John Fuller
Category: Family Physician-GP
MD - New York Institute of Technology, New York College of Osteopathic Medicine
Internship, Family Medicine - Lutheran Medical Center
Residency, Family Medicine - The Mount Sinai Hospital
Dr. John Fuller and 4 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you

Users who read this, also read:

Make informed and better medical decisions.

Join the 500,000 people who found a smarter, quicker way to get Answers, Recommendations & Expert Opinions.

Expert Doctors at fingertips

Recommendation on next step. Second-opinion.Multi-specialty.

Save Time

Average time for answers: 6 hours.

Save Money

$35 for typical specialist consult vs. $120 for a local appointment.

Free Follow-ups

Clarify, ask further questions for free in private conversation.

100% Satisfaction

Money back guarantee for the 1st reply. MEDNET Quality Board.

Start My Consultation



Doctor Spring is a novel online Doctor consultation platform where you can get your medical questions answered by leading Doctors. Just Submit your question and rest assured that you will consult a Doctor easily. Once you submit the question, the Doctor from the concerned specialty will reply within hours. You can always ask more questions or add details with follow-up question options and make it an online doctor chat. You may use this service to consult a specialty or for getting medical second opinion. All paid services come with a MEDNET quality assurance and 100% money back guarantee.

DoctorSpring in news