Sex problems related with surgery

Dear doctor, I am 32 years old. I have been living here for the last 4 years. I have been suffering from some sex problems associated with surgery. Recently I had a shoulder surgery on my AC joint. After my surgery I am ineffective to last longer my sexual time more than 30 seconds. Is there any chance for surgery or drugs which I intake causing sex problems? Because had an off brand of Percocet and I was under general anesthesia. What should I do? How can I fix it?  really want to be safe. I am really looking forward for your keen advice. Thank you and awaiting your immediate response.

Expert:  Dr. Steve Merris replied 4 Days.

Thank you for your concern, it is really unfortunate to that you have been suffering from premature ejaculation. Don’t get anxious. Now a day’s premature ejaculation is very common in youngsters. But it is really unfortunate to knowthat you are suffering from premature ejaculation after your shoulder surgery. I think your problemis more psychological than physical.Because premature ejaculation is mainly a psychological problem and it never induced by previous surgery or drugs of any kind. It can be treated by a number of therapeutics modalities.Most of these therapeutics modalities involve finding out several techniques to sustain premature ejaculation and will involve your partner. A practicable technique is the ‘stop –start technique’. Through this method more info can be found readily on the internet. Desensitizing creams or some types of antidepressants can use for premature ejaculation. Antidepressants have been established to be effective in handling premature ejaculation. I would like to advise that it is better to consult with your physician before using or taking any such medication and also your physician can help in advising you with better treatments and meditations other ways he can help in suggesting remedies in the form of medicine or some other method.  I hope I have appeased your concern and take care always.

Dr. Steve Merris
Medical School - New York University
Internship in Internal Medicine - Beth Israel Medical Center
Residency in Internal Medicine - Beth Israel Medical Center
Fellowship in Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine - Columbia University Medical Center