Sore area in healed ABSCESS SCAR.

Hi
I had a apsis on my bottom 2months ago and had to have it cud open an removed, I've just text the healed area get soar the past couple of days, I'm wondering can you help me with it, I've attached a picture

Category: General Surgeon

Expert:  Dr. Hari Charan Perigela replied 4 Days.

There are few possibilities. As it is present for nearly 2 months, it's not simple infection.
1.It could be an external opening of fistula.It will discharge some material for some time and gets closed.The internal opening should be made out.Then, the whole fistulous tract has to be managed.
2.Second possibility is Sinus.It could be ending in a blind area.Then, it has to be removed surgically.
3.Third possibility is Boil.It is due to infection. Drainage and antibiotic along with anti inflammatory tablet is needed.
These conditions have to be diagnosed after clinical examination by Surgeon.
Please consult your Surgeon and get examined clinically.
Nothing to worry. If you have any questions, I will clarify further.
Wish you good health.

Dr. Hari Charan Perigela
Fellowship: DNB, General Surgery, National Board of Examinations, New Delhi, 2001
Residency: MS, General Surgery, Sri Venkateswara Medical College,Tirupathi, 2000
Medical School: MBBS, Kurnool Medical college, 1995