Sorethroat, fever with excess saliva. Do I need treatment?

About 2 days ago I had a sore throat with no other symptoms. The next day (yesterday) I woke up with a terrible headache but it went away with Advil and has not come back. I also started having some congestion which started out clear and is now a slightly green/yellow color. In addition, I didn't have a huge appetite but was able to eat soup and a sandwich. I have also been experiencing a lot of fatigue. I will have energy for a short amount of time, but then get tired again fairly quickly. Today, I am still fatigued and feel a bit better but not much. In addition, about 5-6 times a day I feel my neck/throat get this weird feeling and for about 20-30 seconds I produce excess saliva but then it subsides and everything is normal. Any idea what is going on and is this need for medical attention or is it something that my body will fight off on its own? I am a female, age 31.Update: About 20 minutes ago the excess saliva thing happened but this time it caused me to vomit.

Expert:  Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy replied 4 Days.

It is not common for any infection to present with hypersalivation like what you're experiencing.
Do you have any reflux symptoms? For example, after a heavy meal, do you feel any regurgitation of food?
In GERD patients, sometimes the only presentation is repeated sore throat, and coughing with mucus. Hypersalivation may or may not be associated. It is in response to the constant acidic contents of food being regurgitated back into the throat.
Please feel free to discuss further,

I have never experienced any reflux symptoms before that I can remember. I thought that maybe it had something to do with the fact that I have been feeling under the weather. I guess my concern is that I am generally not this fatigued and I have not been very hungry either. Do you think the 2 are unrelated?

Expert:  Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy replied 3 Days.

Yes, it is possible there is a subclinical infection.
Most such infections start as a viral producing a lot of fatigue and loss of appetite.
It gradually progresses to a bacterial infection, which causes the fever and other flu-like symptoms.
You can prophylactially take an antibiotic course of Cap. Augmentin 625 mg twice daily ( Amoxicillin + Clavulanic Acid ) for 5-7 days. This will help in case there is a subclinical infection.
I will also advise a course of Cap. Omeprazole 20 mg once daily before breakfast daily for 7 days. I want you to update me after that whether the salivation problem has resolved.

Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy
MBBS from Sri Ramachandra University in December 2011
M.Med (Family Medicine) - TNMGR University, Chennai
MBA-MPH in Public Health in March 2016, SRM University
Finished AFIH in March 2016, SRM University
MRCP ( UK ), Internal Medicine, Royal College of Physicians, June 2016
Fellowship in Diabetology from Martin Luther University in January 2017

Currently Senior Residency in MD Radiodiagnosis - Kamakshi Memorial Hospital, Chennai