Sorethroat with fever with positive EBV IgG. CMV?

On Saturday I had a a sore threat with a fever. On monday i went to the dr and she said that i might have scarlet fever so she ran some tests and she prescribed an antibiotic which is Abbocilin ( Type of Penicillin ). The next day i woke up with a widespread itchy rash. I went to the clinic and she told me it might be HIV. So i sat for the HIV Test and it was negative. Until she decided to run more blood tests and until she finds out that I have glandular fever.

In my recent blood test the below infections were detected:

EBV VCA IgG (Bioplex)
EBV N IgG
EBV VCA IgM

Suggestive of past infection with EBV
EBNA IgG appears approximately 3 months after infection .In presence of EBNA IgG, VCA IgM may be sure to EBV Reactivation or cross activity with another virus such as CMV.

The Dr Asked me to rest and drink a lot of fluids.

My question is on how i can get rid of the rash?? It has been 4 days and i can see small improvements. The DR should not have prescribed me penicillin because the virus reacts against it by spreading the rash.

I am currently taking:
Vitamin C
Zinc
Fexo 180
Camomile Lotion/ Cream

Thank you,

Elie

Expert:  Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy replied 4 Days.

If you don't mind will you be able to upload a picture of the rash?
I reviewed your entire history, and you are on the right set of drugs. Camomile lotion should be abe to reduce the rash over a week's time. However, in addition, you can also take Tab. Loratadine 10 mg once at bedtime, to reduce the inflammation and the rash subsequently.
Please feel free to discuss further,

Now it is getting slightly better. These pictures have been taken on monday. The colour is turning to light pink but the rash is gone on my feet.
The rash started on Monday. When do you think it will be gone and how long should I rest at home?

Expert:  Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy replied 3 Days.

The rash is quite extensive and it will take around a week's time to heal.
I will recommend you start taking Tab. Loratidine 10 mg once daily before bedtime for 3-5 days till the rash subsides.
Keep applying Camomile lotion frequently, 3-4 times daily.
Please update me if it is improving on taking Loratidine ( Claritin ).
Dr. Jay

It is getting better.. but i have a severe fatigue :( I am always sleepy and tired. what should i do?

Expert:  Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy replied 2 Days.

That is a good sign that it is getting better now.
Severe fatigue, joint pain and myalgia are all part of recovery from an acute viral infection.
You can just take symptomatic treatment with lots of fluids, bed rest, and proper diet.
Sometimes the recovery can take more than a month. Hopefully, the symptoms will get better for you over the next couple of days.

Hello Doctor,
How are you?

The rash is getting better now but there are still some red marks/ scars on my arms.
How long it will take for the rash to recover ? Please note that I stopped taking the medications because I am feeling better.
I didn't drink water yesterday. Do you think the marks are signs of dehydration?

Thank you,
Elie Kallab

Expert:  Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy replied 1 Day.

The rash can take up to 2 weeks to completely disappear.
I will advise you to keep applying the calamine lotion, which will help in faster recovery.
If you do not drink water, then the rash will take time to disappear.

Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy
MBBS from Sri Ramachandra University in December 2011
M.Med (Family Medicine) - TNMGR University, Chennai
MBA-MPH in Public Health in March 2016, SRM University
Finished AFIH in March 2016, SRM University
MRCP ( UK ), Internal Medicine, Royal College of Physicians, June 2016
Fellowship in Diabetology from Martin Luther University in January 2017

Currently Senior Residency in MD Radiodiagnosis - Kamakshi Memorial Hospital, Chennai