Spotting after periods on taking INACTIVE PILLS. Cause?

Hello%2C I started alltting 4 days after my period ended. So far it has been two weeks and I am worried. I did start taking my new birth control pack 2 days before my period was supposed to end because I forgot what day i was supposed to start because I was on vacation and didnt remember what day I was supposed to start the new one. I then took two inactive pills in one day. Could this be the reason I%27m spotting%3F Thank you%21

I am one of the InHouse Physicians and I reviewed your consult before forwarding it to the concerned specialist.
Can you kindly elaborate on the statement ' I started alltting 4 days after my period ended ' There seems to be a typo and it is critical what you mean is conveyed to the specialist. So kindly elaborate/ clarify, and then the specialist would reply.

Sorry. The webpage wasn't letting me type properly and I corrected the errors but it didn't seem to update.
What happened was I ended up starting my new pack of birth control 2 days before my period was supposed to end. Then imy period stopped and I ended up having unprotected sex with my boyfriend 2 days later I was worried that the birth control wasn't in full effect so I took two pills that night. A couple days later I started spotting and it's now been 2 weeks straight. It's gotten heavier and I have gotten severe cramps the last two nights
If you need any other information, let me know.
Thank you!!

Thank you for posting your query at DoctorSpring.com
This is quite complicated !
Birth control is always to be started on the first / second day of your periods.
You started it at absolutely the wrong time.
To top it you took double the dose just 2 days later.
The spotting is to be expected.
This is because of the erratic way this was started.
There are two ways now to go about this -
1. Just continue taking the pills as usual - the spotting and cramps will stop eventually.
2. Stop the pills after finishing the current pack, wait for your period / withdrawal bleed and then start a new pack.
All the best
Please feel free to discuss further.

That would make sense, but I have been on birth control for the last 5 years. So It wasn't my first time starting it, I was just starting the new month. Does that make a difference?

How come you were starting a new pack just before your periods ??
Please reply.

I was on vacation and didn't remember what day I sas supposed to start the new ones

Expert:  Dr. Aarti Vazirani replied 1 Day.

Then the two options for you remain the same ...