Stabbing pain on solid red line on abdomen on coughing.

I have a solid red line right below my abdomen, exactly where
a bikini bottom would go..the skin feels tight if I
move the wrong way and aches but not if you touch the
skin only if you push. There are no blisters or rash

When I sneeze or cough it feel like being stabbed across
that line, as if an open wound is under the skin.

Thank you for your query at DoctorSpring.com.

I understand your concern and will do my best to help you.
I would need some additional information in order to provide my best opinion.
- Please mention your age and gender.
- Also, your weight and height.
- When did you first notice the red line ?
- Any itching in that area ?
- Any prior abdominal surgeries (including C-sections, if you are a female) ? Please include the time when they were done too.
- Any history of medical illnesses like Diabetes ?
Please reply to each of these. Also, please upload a high resolution image of affected area in the follow-up.

Awaiting your response,

im 48, female, no past surguries, never pregnant and do not
have diabetes. There is no itching . I M 5' 5" and 190 pounds
The line showed up 2 days ago

Thank you for your response.
However, I have not received any images of the affected area. I hope you will understand that it is very difficult to come to a diagnosis without having a look at the lesion first.

From the history you have mentioned, I have noted that with a BMI of 31.61 kg/m2, you have Grade 1 Obesity. This along with the location of the red line, indicates that the red line could be a fungal (yeast) infection. Especially so, if it is present in the fold of the abdomen. It is called as Candidal intertrigo.
The diagnosis can be confirmed by microscopic examination of skin scrapings treated with potassium hydroxide (KOH).

Treatment is simple.
1. Since obesity is a predisposing factor, weight loss should be undertaken. Please start off with diet control and an appropriate exercise regimen, if not being followed already.
2. Please apply a topical anti-fungal cream such as Clotrimazole 1% (such as OTC Lotrimin) mixed with a topical anbtibiotic preparation such as OTC Neosporin ointment, twice daily for 7 days or until symptoms resolve. This should show results in 3 days. Lotrimin may be applied twice weekly thereafter to prevent recurrence or an antifungal powder or even talcum powder may be used for this purpose.
If after 3 days, there is no improvement, kindly consult a Dermatologist for examination and prescription strength medications.

I hope this was helpful. Let me know if you have further queries.