A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Stinging sensation in penis, urethral opening. Due to CONDITIONER?

Resolved Question:

One week ago, I started developing a stinging sensation in my penis around the urethral opening and glans. I had masturbated and used a hair conditioner as a lubricant. After 3 days there was no relief so I went to the clinic. I was tested for STDs (no very sexually active but an occasional insertive oral sex episode and the most recent was 3+ weeks in the past). All test were negative as was the urinalysis for bacteria. I do not notice the stinging when I shower or sit on the toilet and often not when moving around. There is no discharge, sores or pain when urinating. I did try a yeast cream and a jock itch cream for a couple of days. I masturbated twice more this week and it's noticeably worse afterwards. It is also worse when I sit or when my penis rubs against my underwear. Could this be cause by the conditioner, too frequent masturbation, or something more major? The doctor I saw gave me no advice other than watchful waiting. I would not say it's worse over all, it just doesn't seem to be getting much better.

Category: Urologist

Ask Your Own Question

Category: Sexually Transmitted Diseases(STD)Specialist
Dr. Rajiv Goel is online now

Expert:  Dr. Rajiv Goel replied 4 Days.

Dear sir,
Thank you for your query at DoctorSpring.com

The symptoms you are experiencing are because of masturbation and use of hair conditioner as lubricant. The chemicals have caused local tissue damage.
You need to clean the area with water every day and not apply any soap or any chemical. You can apply any emollient for local relief. Don't masturbate for at least two weeks to allow the healing to happen.

Take care
Rajiv Goel

Patient replied :

What emollient do you recommend?

Expert:  Dr. Rajiv Goel replied 3 Days.

You can apply Calamine lotion to soothe the irritated area as of now.
I will advise a petroleum based lubricant in the future to prevent this thing from happening again.

Dr. Rajiv Goel
Category: Sexually Transmitted Diseases(STD)Specialist
MCh(urology) Medical Council of India
Fellow, Laparoscopic urology, Germany
Fellow, Urooncology and Robotic urology, Australia
Felloship - MCH, Urology/Genito-Urinary Surgery, AIIMS, 2004
Residency - MS, Master of Surgery, AIIMS, 2001
Medical School - MBBS, Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery, AIIMS, 1998
Dr. Rajiv Goel and 4 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you

Make informed and better medical decisions.

We believe that getting medical questions answered and getting qualified opinions from certified Doctors should be easier.

Specialists from
UK, US, Ind,
Aus & NZ

48000+ consults
in 2015

98.1% Satisfied

100% Satisfaction

How it works

  • Submit question, upload files, if any
  • Consult is assigned to a specialist
  • Doctor replies, Mean response time: 2 hours
  • Intimation by email, ask follow-ups

Recommendations based on

About DoctorSpring.com

Doctor Spring is a novel online Doctor consultation platform where you can get your medical questions answered by leading Doctors. Just Submit your question and rest assured that you will consult a Doctor easily. Once you submit the question, the Doctor from the concerned specialty will reply within hours. You can always ask more questions or add details with follow-up question options and make it an online doctor chat. You may use this service to consult a specialty or for getting medical second opinion. All paid services come with a MEDNET quality assurance and 100% money back guarantee.

DoctorSpring in News


Make informed and better medical decisions.

Close x

Your account has been deleted.

PS: You can unsubscribe from emails from DoctorSpring, by going to
Unsubscribe link provided in them.