Stopped SUBOXONE before KNEE REPLACEMENT.Will other medication work?

if I am off suboxone 5 days prior to my knee replacement will the pain medication they gave me work

Thank you for your query. I can understand your concern. It would be helpful if you could provide some more information.
Before I can answer the question, it would be helpful to know for what condition are you currently taking suboxone for, what is the dosage?
From what I gather from your email, you are scheduled for a knee replacement surgery and the doctor/staff has asked you to stop suboxone 5 days prior, is this correct?

I do believe they are 8 milligram suboxinI just need to know yes or no if the pain medication will be effective if I stop taking my suboxone 5 days before my knee replacement

Thank you for the follow up.
Suboxone (which contains buprenorphine and naloxone) is a long acting drug. Once taken, the effect will remain for the next 24 hours. Considering your upcoming knee replacement surgery, it is dangerous to stop suboxone abruptly and that is why you have been advised to stop it 5 days prior.
Knowing that you take suboxone, the orthopedicians will also provide you with appropriate pain medications that will help adequately control the pain you feel after the surgery. There are several options available such as opioids, non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and local anesthetics. The commonly administered analgesics for pain include acetaminophen, COX-2 inhibitors, tramadol, and oxycontin. In contrast to the preemptive pain management modalities, postoperative methods employ short-acting opioids at frequent intervals for rapid pain relief and prompt management of complications.
Rest assured, depending on the level of pain you feel, you will be given pain medication at a dosage that will help you feel comfortable.
Hope this helps, feel free to reply with any concerns you may still have.