Helped Over 500,000 patients with 98%+ satisfaction.

Connect & Get Personalized 1-to-1 Answers from Expert Doctors

DoctorSpring > Question Home

Suffering from ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION. Treament?

Resolved Question:

I am suffering from erectile dysfunction problem from last 6~7 month.
need to have treatment for the same, with medication.
and the medicine should be available easily.
Please suggest.

Category: Sexologist

Ask Your Own Question

 18 Doctors Online

Thanks for your query at
Before we proceed, I would like to know a few more details.
1. What is your age? Since how long are you married?
2. Any habit of smoking/ alcohol
3. Any history if diabetes or hypertension
4. Do you lose the erection after an early ejaculation or you don't get an erection at all?
5. Do you have an erection when you wake up? What is your experience with masturbation?
Let me know these details so that we can guide you further..
Dr. Srikanth Reddy

Patient replied :

I am 37, married for last 7 years. I don't smoke, I drink very rearly not more than a can of lager beer. I don't have any diabetes, yes hypertension was there but after aten 50 tab for 3 months it came back to normal. At current state I want to have sex but no erection at all. Yes morning wakeup erection in there. And so as if masturbate.

Thanks for giving all the necessary details.
At the age of 37 yrs in the absence of hypertension/ diabetes/ smoking/ excess alcohol, the cause of erectile dysfunction seems to be unlikely to be organic. Further the ability to get morning erection and erection while masturbation further support the above assumption. It seems to be due to psychological reasons. Normally the patients who visit my clinic have had past traumatic experiences with sexuality or they feel that sex is a bad thing in life or have unexplored subconscious emotional conflicts with their partner which manifests as sexual dysfunction . Occasioanlly even work stress can also lead to this problem. Manytimes the cause cannot be unfolded. Now this illness cannot be helped with medicine and will require psychological help. This is done by a sexologist or a psychiatrist who would like to explore your thoughts about sex and correct them where they are wrong with the cognitive behavioural therapy. Also a therapy called sensate focus therapy is also useful in such cases. In this therapy person should not make insertion as a part of sex and instead have only foreplay with no compulsion for sex for 1-2 weeks so that the patient becomes comfortable with the sex. During this phase the female partner should not touch the genitals of the patient. Now that the compulsion to have sex is solved and hence the confidence improves. I suggest some of my patients to even use aromatic oils for increasing the pleasure. After 2 weeks, you may begin with permission to touch the genitals but still not the actual intercourse. Then after 2 weeks, intercourse may be initiated.
If you want a quick fix solution then Tab . Sildenafil 50mg 1-2 hours before sex can help you with your symptom but wont cure the illness.
I would suggest that you get in touch with a psychiatrist/sexologist who can help you with these therapies.
Hope this helps,
In case if you have any further query, do let me know.
Kind regards
Dr. Srikanth Reddy

Patient replied :

Thanks for your advice. will go with your suggestion.
IThink will be needing a prescrption for Sildenafil 50mg,
Please provide if passible.

Sorry, being an online forum we are not allowed legally to give prescriptions online.
You will need to consult your local GP for the same.

Dr. Srikanth Reddy
Category: Sexologist
Doctor of Medicine (MD), Psychiatry Residency Program,2001 – 2012
M.B.B.S,Mahatma Gandhi Institute Of Medical Sciences, Sevagram

Certificate Course in sex Therapy and Counselling, Sexology and Counselling, A
Sexology,Medikon Sexual Sciences, Mumbai

Training in Advanced Neurology at a leading corporate hospital (CARE hospital) in Hyderabad

Child Psychiatry Training in National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro-Sciences, Bangalore

Sex Therapy and Counsellingat MEDIKON Sexual Sciences, Mumbai.
Dr. Srikanth Reddy and 4 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you

Users who read this, also read:

Make informed and better medical decisions.

Join the 500,000 people who found a smarter, quicker way to get Answers, Recommendations & Expert Opinions.

Expert Doctors at fingertips

Recommendation on next step. Second-opinion.Multi-specialty.

Save Time

Average time for answers: 6 hours.

Save Money

$35 for typical specialist consult vs. $120 for a local appointment.

Free Follow-ups

Clarify, ask further questions for free in private conversation.

100% Satisfaction

Money back guarantee for the 1st reply. MEDNET Quality Board.

Start My Consultation



Doctor Spring is a novel online Doctor consultation platform where you can get your medical questions answered by leading Doctors. Just Submit your question and rest assured that you will consult a Doctor easily. Once you submit the question, the Doctor from the concerned specialty will reply within hours. You can always ask more questions or add details with follow-up question options and make it an online doctor chat. You may use this service to consult a specialty or for getting medical second opinion. All paid services come with a MEDNET quality assurance and 100% money back guarantee.

DoctorSpring in news