Surgeon tore rectum during rectal surgery

I had rectal surgery 5 weeks ago. the Surgeon tore my rectum and did not treat for 2 wks. The ointment was Diltiazem 2% twice daily. The mucus plug was as big has his fist. I am in 10 level pain when I sit at rectum. The Doctor will not help my pain or look there again cause he may tear anus more. What can I do? What can cause this pain?

Consult Reply with inputs from Dr.Vivek Verma, Consultant General Surgeon.

Thank you for the additional details. I am really for the trouble you have to endure. From the description of the symptoms, the pain can be due to a number of reasons. The most likely will be a unhealed wound or a fissure in ano. Other cause are an infection and/ pus collection. It is really difficult to say without a direct examination.

For now you can take a OTC pain relieving medication like Ibuprofen 400mg twice daily after food. Sitz bath in mild warm water can also help. Another important approach is the take high fiber diet. This will soften the stool and help in healing the anal mucosa.

As I said a direct examination is essential for accurate diagnosis of the ongoing pain. So I guess you will have no other option than to go back to your Doctor or find another Doctor. Once any infection or active wounds are ruled out this can be well managed.

Please feel free to ask followup questions.