Hello. Thanks for choosing Doctorspring.com
I understand the redness in your scrotum and the penis, is causing you a lot of distress. Before calling it a Red Scrotum Syndrome, i will have to see a picture of what exactly you are trying to portray. So it is better if you can upload a picture of the same. Red scrotum Syndrome, can occur secondary to persistent irritation in the scrotum, can also be secondary to allergic dermatitis in that area, and can occur in people taking corticosteroids regularly. Your epididymitis doesn't seem to have resolved and even that can be leading to a redness around the genital area.I will advise the following things for the next 10 days and you can get back to me if these are helpful :
1) Apply cold water compress to scrotum ( Make sure its cold, but not extremely cold ).
2) Keep the area clean, just use water for cleaning, avoid any soap that you have been using. Do not put any ointment.
3) Take Tab. Doxycyline 100 mg twice daily for the next 10 days ( 20 tablets )
4) Keep the scrotum elevated. Wear a good-fitting underwear, not too tight.
5) If there is a lot of pain, use Tab. Brufen 400 mg ( you can use it twice daily with Tab. Ranitidine 150 mg, both tablets to be taken after food ).
6) Abstain from any sexual activity till the recovery is complete.
I am hopeful these guidelines and Doxycycline is going to help you. If possible upload a picture and i will get a better idea.
Hope this helps,