Testicle is tight against body with normal ULTRASOUND.

Around a year ago, I went to a urologist complaining of a tightness in my right testicle. There was zero pain associated with it, but the testicle was constantly up tight against my body and during exercise would even seem to slip into my pelvic region. They performed an ultrasound and the report stated, "Both testicles, epididymis, epididymal heads are normal in this exploration. The Doppler scan, does not show increased vascularity in testes or epididymis. Did not identify free fluid in the scrotum. In both inguinal canals, contained normal, with no images of herniation, or other findings. Valuable study without pathological alterations. Minimum anechoic cystic formation, homogeneous of about 7 mm in head of the right epididymis, epididymal simple cyst aspect." It seemed to calm down the stress which in turn made me either not think about the pressure or help relieve it.

Recently, the same right testicle has been tight against my body again. I have noticed that when I'm standing straight up it is pulled up and close against my body and when I bend over it returns to its normal position. Again, there is no pain (besides maybe some soreness from manually moving the testicle back to its usual position). Also recently, when I'm doing ab workouts, i.e. crunches, sit-ups, I sometimes feel a pop in my right lower stomach area. Are these related? Could it be a hernia or something more serious? I only start here because I've already had a physician look at it and there is no pain.

Category: Urologist

Expert:  Dr. Rajiv Goel replied 4 Days.

Dear Sir,
You don't seem to be having hernia from your history.
The testis is hanging by a cord. The contents of the cord are blood vessels and nerves to penis and vas that takes away semen from testis. This cord has cremaster muscle surrounding all these structures. This cremaster muscle is very active in young children and testis remains pulled up. The phenomenon is known as cremasteric reflex. This reflex for unexplained reasons can become active at times even in adults and can pull up the testis.This reflex usually subsides by itself and the testis shall return to normal position.
Nothing active needs to be done and stop worrying about the position as well the pop sound.
Sincerely

Dr Rajiv Goel

Dr. Rajiv Goel
MCh(urology) Medical Council of India
Fellow, Laparoscopic urology, Germany
Fellow, Urooncology and Robotic urology, Australia
DNB - NBE
Felloship - MCH, Urology/Genito-Urinary Surgery, AIIMS, 2004
Residency - MS, Master of Surgery, AIIMS, 2001
Medical School - MBBS, Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery, AIIMS, 1998