Too small penis

Dear doctor I am really facing a great problem in my life. I am having wet dreams for a while and I heard that this means the growth of my penis has been finished. I am really worried as the size of my penis is too small when it is in the active state. Please help.

Expert:  Dr. Steve Merris replied 4 Days.

Thanks for your question and concern. Most men in your age will experience the problem with that of the wet dreams. Actually they are really harmless and this does not mean that your penis will not grow any further or stopped its growth.

The concern you have shared is a common problem for the teenagers of you age. Most people believe their penis is too small than that of the other ones. But the actual thing is that all of us have different bodies and so that in the case of the size of penis. Each person will vary from that of the others. It is a common thing to compare your body with that of another one. But you will not get a correct picture of yoursas it is correctly seen by another person. For example your penis will look smaller to yourself when you look down to your body, but when it is seen by another one it will be seen in bigger size by the other one. The visual seen by the other person is the actual sized picture.

It is important to keep in mind that not all the person’s body will develop in the same speed as others. Before sexual development most 12 year old children will have a penis size of about 1.5 to about 2 inch and will be a soft one. In the case of the adult it will be 2.5 to about 4 inch when the penis is in its normal state and when it becomes erect the size of penis will be 4.5 to about 7 inches.

The men will be under a lot of pressure in satisfying his partner, so he will be very much concerned about the size of his penis too. Most people think that the size of the penis has a crucial part in satisfying his partner but actually it is not at all true. Penis size has nothing to do with the sexual pleasure. A good lover has only thing to do is to give consideration to his partner and share the feelings and concern with his partner. This plays an important part in satisfying the sexual pleasure.

If you are still concerned about the penis size, then consult a doctor and he will tell you the surgical procedures by which the length of your penis can be increased. Take care.

Dr. Steve Merris
Medical School - New York University
Internship in Internal Medicine - Beth Israel Medical Center
Residency in Internal Medicine - Beth Israel Medical Center
Fellowship in Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine - Columbia University Medical Center