Toungue becomes dry, feeling like dying if I don’t drink.

I had my tounge suddenly dry and it was similar feeling to a panic attack, when I can not breath, but this time it was this dryness and I felt if I dont drink right away even just a slip, I die.
Also at the same time my left hand became numb really bad and it needed quite a long time at least 5 - 12 minutes untill it was not ok.

What can cause this?

thank you.

Category: Allergy and Immunologist

I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through.
The condition that you have described is also a panic attack. Panic attack can present with dryness of mouth, difficulty to breath, feeling of impending doom with numbness of hands. Numbness of hands can also be due to the hyperventilation and reduced calcium. This is a disorder of anxiety and occurs cause of imbalance of certain neurotransmitters in the brain. especially serotonin, nor adrenaline, and dopamine to some extent. Medicines are the best options to take care of these symptoms. Paroxetine is the the most popular medicine and my drug of choice. I generally prescribe my patients 12.5 mg per day at night which takes care of anxiety symptoms. Also certain medicines like propranolol and clonazepam can be give as required when there is a panic episode or expected situation where panic attack can appear.
Hope this helps,
In case if you have any further query, do let me know.
Kind regards