Treated for positive CHLAMYDIA. Will I get LYMPHOGRANULOMA VENERUM?

Over two years old patientago I was positive for chlymidia. I was treated and now test clear. Does this mean it is not possible that I could have the chlymidia associated with lymphogranuloma venereum? Me and my partner have no symptoms of this and I know it is rare it is just to put my mind at ease.

Yes, if the tests are clear, you definitely do not have LGV.
So, please do not worry.
Feel free to discuss further.

Sorry let me clarify: when I tested positive for chlymidia it was not the test specifically for the chlymidia types that cause lymphogranuloma venereum (LGV). I have never been tested specifically for LGV. What I am asking is if a negative result for the normal general chlymidia test (I.e. Swab/urine sample) means that I could not possibly have a LGV infection?

Can you attach the test reports?
So, let me just confirm, you want to know, does a negative test report for chlamydia rule out you having LGV infection? Right?

I don't have the test reports it was just a vaginal swab for chlymidia the test anyone is offered and it came back negative. Yes I want to know if the chlymidia test I received rules out me having an LGV infection which is caused by the more invasive chlymidia.

Yes, it definitely rules out LGV.
Please do not worry.

Sorry could you just please explain how it rules LGV out?

Expert:  Dr. Kruti Jobanputra Banodkar replied 1 Day.

It depends on the dilution.
Some forms of chlamydia cause LGV, and if higher dilution like 1:64 or 1: 128 comes out to be positive along with symptoms, LGV is diagnosed.
Moreover, it is a clinical diagnosis of exclusion. If you do not have any genital ulcers or anal discharge or proctitis, there is no question of LGV.