Treatment for prematurely finishing in intimacy and sex.

I am 24, I have a girlfriend of 2 years old patientand am happy with her. There is problem that is affecting us though. I've always been short in the bedroom. Prematurely finishing. I last under a minute every time . I think it is affecting our relationship severely. Less intimacy and no connection during sex.I don't need help for other girls. I need help for our relationship. I know everyone asks for that quick fix pill. But I'd feel stupid not to ask.

Expert:  Dr. Srikanth Reddy replied 4 Days.

I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through.
The condition that you are suffering is called premature ejaculation. Now its a type of anxiety disorder and the person normally suffers from performance anxiety where in he is anxious if he can perform or not.
First you can try the start stop technique. Your wife is supposed to start stimulating you and the moment you are about to ejaculated she is supposed to stop all the stimulaton and and hold your penis head hard. Now this should be repeated.
Perineal exercises also help. These are the muscle exercises that occur when you contract the perineal muscles like when you are trying to stop the urine or feces. You have to do this contrations repeatedly daily to tone up the perineal muscles.
One solution is medications. Some patients are not willing to wait for these acts to produce results and instead demand medicines. I prescribe them 12.5 mg paroxetine at night and they are doing good. Normally one should try until 25mg of Paroxetine. If paroxetine is not effective then Dapoxetine is an option. It has to be given 1 hour before having sex and will prolong the sexual interval.
There is no sureshot immediate cure but with time this problem settles down.
Hope this helps,
In case if you have any further query, do let me know.
Kind regards
Dr. Srikanth Reddy

ok, thank you for the help. I am relieved to hear there are at least some products out there. I live in Canada so what are my options? Are these drugs available there? Are they prescription? The exercises seem like a waste of time. But, if they 100% work then obviously i'll do them. If thats what you're telling me
I am also a pro athlete so we get drug tested, I think this would not be allowed? I'm not sure

Expert:  Dr. Srikanth Reddy replied 3 Days.

The medicines that have mentioned are not contraindicated in the people in atheletics. Further they are all prescription drugs and will require a prescription from a local doctor. Exercises help...and should be tried forehand.
Kind regards
Dr. Srikanth Reddy

Dr. Srikanth Reddy
Doctor of Medicine (MD), Psychiatry Residency Program,2001 – 2012
M.B.B.S,Mahatma Gandhi Institute Of Medical Sciences, Sevagram

Certificate Course in sex Therapy and Counselling, Sexology and Counselling, A
Sexology,Medikon Sexual Sciences, Mumbai

Training in Advanced Neurology at a leading corporate hospital (CARE hospital) in Hyderabad

Child Psychiatry Training in National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro-Sciences, Bangalore

Sex Therapy and Counsellingat MEDIKON Sexual Sciences, Mumbai.