Treatment for Urticaria

Hi doctor.
my son is 2 years old and he has skin allergy. they told me its called urticaria. what is the treatment for this and what causes this.

thank you

Thank you for your consult at DoctorSpring.com.

Urticaria is also called hives.

Its a condition where there are red raised lesions on the body with lot of itching.

These lesions are of various sizes and shapes and they come and go on their own.

They need prompt treatment.

Urticaria may be idiopathic or may have a variety of causative factors, there is an exhaustive list available but to tell you the truth its really difficult to pin point one thing.

The best thing to do is to start prompt treatment for immediate relief.

The treatment would be syrup hydroxyzine, the dose will be depending on the weight. You will need a prescription for it.

You can apply calamine lotion on the rash to soothe it twice a day till there is a rash.Urticaria can be caused by foods, medications, pollen, house dust etc. Avoiding fish, milk, nuts for 15 days would be a good idea and see if it further helps.

Please feel free to ask me if you have any queries.

Hi again. I sent u pics of the red I'm his skin. Is it urticaria??

It's surely urticaria.

I would recommend that you follow the treatment that I suggested.