Treatment of public lice

Hello doctor, I wanted to know what are the major symptoms of the disease- public lice? Recently I saw some herpes pictures; tell me something about herpes too.

Thank you for your question. First let me tell you about public lice before moving to its symptoms. Public lice are also referred to as Crabs. It is can be present either at the genital or public area of one’s body. Public lice are divided into three different forms. The first one is referred as Egg also called the nit. The second form is called nymph while the third one is referred to as the adult. The major symptom of public lice is itching at areas where it is found. Permethrin lotion is considered as an important medication for the treatment of public lice. Malathion lotion and lindane shampoo are other products which can be used for the treatment of this disease. However, in case you are suffering or you have doubt that the disease can be Public Lice then I would suggest you to please visit the nearest doctor and then follow the prescription. Moving to your next question about herpes; this disease also called as genital herpes is a fast growing infection spread due to sexual activity between two people. A person suffering from this disease when undergoes sex with the other person then he spreads the infection of this disease to that person in case there is no protection used whatsoever. As evident from the herpes pictures which you said you saw recently, the major symptoms of this disease are development of large lumps on the genitals of the body. Millions of people are suffering from this disease in the western countries. There is no cure for this disease as of now. However, with proper medication one might reduce its effects. Hence, I would suggest you to always use protection while having sex. Take care.