Urge to urinate after bowel movement. Cause?

Hi Doctor,

I am a 21 year old male and I have a strange problem that I cannot figure out the solution to. After each time I have a bowel movement, I feel a constant urge to urinate that usually lasts for a couple of hours. This feeling persists even after repeated attempts at urination, in which of course, nothing but a few drops of urine come out. I was wondering if you could help me figure out the reason for this and suggest something to make it better.

Thank you!
Addy

It is possible that you may be suffering from cystitis, which means that the bladder is inflamed, and each time when you pass stool through your colon, it puts pressure on the bladder, making you urinate immediately after you have a BM.
I will advise you to follow up with me after a CT KUB.