Vaginal irritation with HPV and on MONISTAT treatment.

I've been high anxiety and worrying a lot lately. I just wanted to ask this question to ease my mind.

I am an HPV carrier to give my history. I had recently stopped taking birth control because my long term boyfriend and I had broken up and I don't intend to have sexual contact with anyone again for a long time. A few days after stopping the birth control my vaginal area got irritated. I was due for my yearly papsmear so I went to my obgyn and had them test me for all STDs. Those were clear so they instructed me to do an over the counter Monistat treatment for the irritation. I had never done a treatment before but I had the kind that you insert the medication vaginally. I was trying to get the applicator ready and dropped the medicine ball for just a moment on my restroom floor and I believe I was just nervous and wanted to get it over with so I used it anyway. Now I've been up all night worrying. I work for a dental office so it's made me a bit of a germaphobe and I know that to be infected with STDs and viruses you need a host and mucous membranes which I directly supplied by still using the medicine I had dropped. It was in my bathroom at home, I haven't had any patients recently that have had STDs or HIV that they had noted on their health histories but since I do walk in my bathroom im doing the "what if" game with myself. Is there a chance I could have given myself something?

It would have been ideal if you hadn't used it. But now since you have , there would be a possibility of getting bacterial infection.

HIV and STD doesn't transmit like this, is mainly through sexual transmission. HIV virus survives outside the body for only 5 mins so it wouldn't be a very likely possibility.

I would suggest that you take it as it comes. In case you get any discharge per vaginum you could visit your doctor for the same.

Please let me know if you have any queries