Want to know if wife is being treated according to protocol

Reference to this consultation id: 73687

I will like to know if my wife treatment is going well(2nd opinion) , doctors here have not missed any procedures. I will also like to know if she needs radiation therapy also.
Patient details : Name: Seema Singh, Age: 43, Hight: 5ft 3inch Weight: 51kg
This year after cure biopsy doctors at local hospital has conducted breast removal surgery and later treatment followded by 8 chemo cycles
Her breast cancer is defined as 'pT2N1M0- tripple negative' with one node postive
Her 8th cycle of Chemo was over on 11 Oct 2013. Now we have to meet doctor again on 2Nov 2013
She was having blood sugor around 320 at the time of surgery, after surgery doctors advice to take Gemer 1mg (twice a day). Within week sugar was around 100 (fasting). Not taken any blood sugar test from May 2013.

Expert:  Dr. Prasad Eswaran replied 4 Days.

Thank you for your consult at DoctorSpring.com.

The answer to your first question - is radiation needed ?

Answer : YES. RADIATION THERAPY TO THE CHEST WALL AND DRAINAGE AREA IS A MUST IN YOUR CASE.

10 nodes are dissected and 1 node was positive. The present guidelines and clinical practice on the management on Breast cancers recommend chemotherapy which consists of adriamycin and Taxane (Paclitaxel in your case) and the treatment given to you was appropriate and adequate.

It should be followed by RADIATION THERAPY and then regular follow up with your oncologist as per her advice.

I would advice you to go for annual mammogram, ECHO, ECG and regular evaluation for Sugar and cholesterols for maintaining good health.

Hope your doubts are cleared. Happy to answer your queries, if any.

Dr. Prasad Eswaran
Doctorate in Medicine (Fellowship in Oncology), DM,  Madras Medical College & Govt. General Hospital, Chennai, India.

Doctor of Medicine (Residency in Radiation Oncology) , MD, Christian Medical College, Vellore, Tamilnadu, India, 2004-06.

Diploma in Medical Radiology & Therapy (Residency in Radiation Oncology), D.M.R.T, Madras Medical College & Govt. General Hospital, Chennai, India, 2004-06.

Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery - M.B.B.S, Govt. Stanley Medical College & Hospital, Chennai, India, 1998-2004.