Warm itchy rash under neck. MEASLES?

About three weeks ago, I developed a rash right below my neck on my chest and it goes around my upper back. It feels warm to the touch, and it's itchy. When I put clothes on top of it, I have the feeling that there's fiberglass in my clothes, but of course, I don't. The rash is at its worst when I awake from sleep, whether it's in bed or on the couch. At first, I thought it was a heat rash, but if I had a heat rash, wouldn't it also be beneath my breasts? The rash looks just like little red dots -- like the measles. It does not seem like it's going away. I've tried anti-itch cream, washing with antibacterial soap, and I've tried moisturizing. Nothing works. Help.

Thank you for your consult at DoctorSpring.com

From the picture, you seem to have an allergy. However, it's not clear from the picture whether they are raised lesions. Also I would like to know that if you press on the lesion with your finger, does the red color go away only to return when you lift up your finger?

Please let me know about my queries. You could post a zoomed out picture if possible.

Meanwhile you could apply cortisone cream mixed with mupirocin or neosporin cream twice a day .

The lesions are indeed raised, and the red color does not go away when I press on them. I am attaching another photo that I hope will help you.

Thanks for the picture. It made things more clearer. It looks like folliculitis which could be due to bacteria or fungus, a superficial infection of the skin.

I would recommend application of clotrimazole and neosporin cream twice a day for two weeks. Cortisone cream need not be applied. Clortrimazole is available over the counter.

That should help in resolving the rash.