Thanks for posting your query at DoctorSpring.com
I am Dr.R.K and I am pleased to assist you.
I would like to have some more information before I can give my opinion.
1. Since when are you having these symptoms?
2. How long does the symptoms last?
3. Any medical illness you have?
4. Any other symptoms you have?
5. Any abdominal surgery done?
Kindly get back to me with these symptoms and I would give my opinion.
Patient replied :
Thank you for replying to me.
1. This has been going on for about 3 months
2. The symptoms usually last about an hour
3. I have no other medical illnesses
4. The only other symptom I get is sometimes bloating and mild abdominal discomfort.
5. I have had no abdominal surgery
Little bit of extra information about me. I'm 22, 170cm tall, 60 kg and otherwise healthy. No major illnesses in my family
Thanks for providing the addiitonal information.
There are many causes for dizziness and palpitations after eating.
A heavy meal can cause dizziness. After food, the blood flow from organs like brain is diverted towards gut to aid digestion and absorption of nutrients. This causes sleepiness /dizziness. To avoid this eat multiple smaller meals.
A meal high in carbohydrates and meal containing monosodium glutamate can cause dizziness and palpitations.
Maintain a food diary to see what type of food items is associated more with your symptoms so that you can avoid it.
Let me know if I can assist you further.