What causes anal condyloma and what is its treatment?

Hello doctor I had a question related to anal condyloma as I am in relationship for the last 8 years and my partner has contracted this disease and recently he told me that he is hetrosexual. For the confirmation I went for the checkup and found myself HPV negative. I want to know should I trust him or trust him not? What are the vd diseases found in this case? How many ways are there through which I can get in contact with this disease? Tell me the solution to get prevent from this disease.

Expert:  Dr. Steve Merris replied 4 Days.

Thanks for your question and concern as you mentioned that your partner has contracted with anal warts as this infection causes many diseases. Condyloma is a disease which gets in contact during sexual intercourse and gets transmitted from one body to another.  And to get anal wart your boyfriend need not to have anal intercourse as in this case there are more chances of HPV. As human papillomavirus ie HPV is one of the most common sexual transmitted infections, as it is caused during sexual intercourse. In many case this disease does not show their symptoms so there are the chances of HPV in your case. And if we look into medical science then this disease are of 40 types which infect the genital area of male as well as female. And there are the chances of vd also in your case as there are number of vd present in human bodies. So according to me I would like to tell you that your boyfriend need not to have sexual intercourse to get in contact with anal warts, I would suggest him to go for a chekup for HPV as soon as possible.Hope I have cleared your question. Best wishes.

Dr. Steve Merris
Medical School - New York University
Internship in Internal Medicine - Beth Israel Medical Center
Residency in Internal Medicine - Beth Israel Medical Center
Fellowship in Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine - Columbia University Medical Center