When will I be non contagious with CHICKENPOX on ACYCLOVIR?

Hello, i have been diagnosed with chicken pox and am on the Prednisone and acyclovir medication.
the spots showed on Wed 4th, i was diagnosed and started meds on Thur. 5th. they spots are drying up.
I was told by the Dr. I can go back to work and travel after the 9th (mon) -as am no longer contagious. is this accurate info / time calculation?

Category: Infectious Disease Specialist

The contagious period, where you can spread the infection starts around 2 days before the rash appear to the day till all the blisters have at least undergone crusting. So I recommend you wait a minimum of 7 days before resuming work. 9th will be too early. I don't know why your doctor said that, some doctors believe you can resume working within 5 days after the appearance of the rash. But 7 days minimum is recommended as the body also needs time to recover.

thanks Doc. So what exact date would you say I can work and travel then - to be specific please? are you counting from the wed 4th rash showed up, or the 2 days before (2nd). If she counted 7 days from the 2nd - that's where she got 9th I guess. thanks for the detailed help to figure.

No, I meant the contagious period starts 2 days before the appearance of the rash till all the blisters have crusted. So overall 9 days.
Meaning I advise you continue your daily activities after the 11th. By then the blisters would have crusted. Once the lesions crust, infective period ends.

ok understood. And how long before spots go away totally after crusting? any tips on that?

The spots may require up to 4 weeks to perish on an average.
You can expect all the spots to disappear within a month's time.