Will AROMATASE INHIBITOR kill TUMOUR CELLS with LOBULAR CANCER?

I had thought that my high ALLRED score of 8 assured me of a good prognosis with my lobular breast cancer.

I have isolated tumor cells in the bone marrow, and my doctor told me the aromatase inhibitors would just kill them. (The pathology report showed that the cells were ER and PR positive).

But, I've thought of a new worry. I had my primary tumor for 5 whole years old patientbefore removal (they can look back at my mammograms and see it,now). My worry is that with all that time, the ITC's divided--which would be o.k. if they divided positive. But what if some of them mutated? Then I am in big trouble because I have something that can't be cured with the AI's.

With the high ALLRED Score, is it highly unlikely for them to mutate negative???
Also, if the divisions are slower in highly estrogen positive cancer, does that mean it is supposed to replicate itself exactly than if it mutated more quickly?
Also, would it mutate to negative all at once, or would it do it in steps? In other words would it get a little less estrogen positive in the first division, then a little less the next time--instead of doing it all at once?

I am really worried about this. I had thought the high ALLRED Score meant a good prognosis. But, if the cells mutated to negative before AI treatment started I am in trouble. It would just take ONE cell to mutate badly. How likely is this with the high ALLRED. I am hoping it is unlikely!!

Category: Oncologist

Expert:  Dr. Prasad Eswaran replied 4 Days.

You started with whole lot of theoretical question which has no proof of clinically proven data to answer. Your questions are valid but everything is in research right now.
There is no way to find out if any of your ITC had mutated.

Dr. Prasad Eswaran
Doctorate in Medicine (Fellowship in Oncology), DM,  Madras Medical College & Govt. General Hospital, Chennai, India.

Doctor of Medicine (Residency in Radiation Oncology) , MD, Christian Medical College, Vellore, Tamilnadu, India, 2004-06.

Diploma in Medical Radiology & Therapy (Residency in Radiation Oncology), D.M.R.T, Madras Medical College & Govt. General Hospital, Chennai, India, 2004-06.

Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery - M.B.B.S, Govt. Stanley Medical College & Hospital, Chennai, India, 1998-2004.