Will I get SYPHILIS by oral sex with stranger. HBSAg, VDRL.

Hi Doctor,
I had oral sex with 3 times in last 6 months with a stranger, although I don't see any symptoms in body, I feel and fear if iam infected or not.. I have taken couple of tests -

1. Herpes simplex virus 1& 2 IGG and IGM

2. HBSAg Rapid

3. VDRL RPR

4. HIV 1 and 2

although all the reports are negative , my concern is will I get any STD and in particular - syphilis. Also, do I need to take any additional tests. also, is there any vaccine to prevent.

Category: HIV- AIDS Specialist

You have done all possible tests and it's a great that all of them are negative.
Can you tell me when was the last time you received oral sex? If VDRL is negative then syphilis can be effectively ruled out here.
Based on that i can guide you further,

Hi Doctor, I had oral sex in august... but unfortunately, my living partner had a gential warts in vagina 4 weeks back and her test results are also negative... we both had sex some 15 weeks back... that was last time.

Its been quite a long time since you had sex last and also oral sex was in august, effectively around a month back.
So you have taken tests for herpes, syphilis, hiv and hepatitis. All of these in absence of any symptoms and due to the investigation reports have been ruled out.
You said your partner had genital warts. Was she diagnosed with HPV infection? That can also be transmitted sexually. Did she ever receive any treatment for it? However if you did get it from your partner you would have had some symptoms by now for sure. So if you don't know her HPV status it will be prudent if you can be careful about the HPV infection too.

Hello doctor, recently she had taken the following test - HBSag elisa( Hepatitis b surface antigen ) negative . this was after gential warts developed.
what test shud i take to check my HPV.

The test that she took was to rule out hepatitis.
Mostly HPV is a clinical diagnosis, and the disease is self limiting in men.
Till now you have not developed any genital warts and that is very encouraging.
I am surprised why she was suggested to test hepatitis instead of human papilloma infection.
There is no good test available to test for HPV in men. So if the partner is positive and invariably the man also ends up developing genital warts, it is a clinical diagnosis.
You can suggest your partner to get tested for HPV.

Hi Doctor, Is gential warts only caused by sexual activity?? and will this affect pregnancy and child birth as we are planning for a child. If iam also having HPV, how soon the symptoms will appear in my body and can we do something to stop.

Expert:  Dr. Deepu Sebin Sebastian replied 1 Day.

Genital warts are caused due to infections with Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) and this infection in the genital area is transmitted sexually.
The genital human papilloma virus (HPV) is spread by direct physical contact during sex. One may have acquired the infection anytime between weeks to years old patientprior to diagnosis, since the incubation period (time between infection and development of symptoms) can last for months and their first recognition of a lesion may represent a relapse rather than a first episode. Therefore, a new diagnosis of genital warts does not mean that one is having sex outside the relationship.

Infection with HPV can be asymptomatic as well, meaning even though you may be infected, you may not develop any symptoms at all. There is no treatment required for asymptomatic infection.
Most infections are actually transient and cleared within two years.
HPV infection does not affect pregnancy or childbirth. So you need not worry about this when planning for a child.

In case of your partner, treatment consists of removal of the warts either using chemical agents or through minor surgical procedures. You can consult a Dermatologist for the same. She also needs to get a pap smear test done regularly.