Will low LYMPHOCYTES lead to CANCER?

Dr. Eswaran,

I have had .6 lymphocytes ever since my cancer treatments.

I have just read another study that says that low lymphocytes lead to cancer. I also saw one on the American Cancer Society website that said the same thing. I am afraid of getting a totally new cancer (NOT just a recurrence of the old one).

What do you think the chances are of this? Can you tell me anything hopeful about other ways the body fights cancer. I need some hope right now.

http://www.newhealthguide.org/Low-Lymphocytes.html

This was one of the websites that said that. 

Also is the thymus gland radiated during breast and chest wall radiation?  Because if it is, then my macrophages probably aren't working either.

Category: Oncologist

Expert:  Dr. Prasad Eswaran replied 4 Days.

Dear
As I said earlier, exercise and healthy diet increases immune levels. Though lymphocytes are low, there are many other cells acting in complex manner to fight against cancer cells. Moreover, the fear of new cancer is totally unwarrented . you can be doublybe assured on this.
I would suggest you yo have nutritious diet and improve your physical well being.
Kind regards

Thank you. Can you tell me what other cells fight cancer. I know the plasma cells come from lymphocytes, so they don't count. My monocyte count is sort of low, so that wrecks the macrophages. And I don't think neutrophils fight cancer.
I have heard that my lymphocyte level can be reduced from radiation for even 3 years. If that is true, it is plenty of time to create a new cancer.
Or maybe .6 lymphocytes isn't that low, after all???? That would be my hope. Also, as I said, if you can tell me what other cells fight cancer, that would be a huge help.

Expert:  Dr. Prasad Eswaran replied 3 Days.

Macrophages, dendritic cells, tissue t cells, cytotoxic cells, helper cells, etc...

Most of those cells seem to need lymphocytes to work.
Is .6 really too low? I am worried because the doctor told me I might have this for 3 years. Do you think I can fight cancer with .6 lymphocytes only.

Expert:  Dr. Prasad Eswaran replied 2 Days.

Dear,
Yes, it is enough and it will improve.
You can trust me on this.
Dr. Eswaran

Dr. Prasad Eswaran
Doctorate in Medicine (Fellowship in Oncology), DM,  Madras Medical College & Govt. General Hospital, Chennai, India.

Doctor of Medicine (Residency in Radiation Oncology) , MD, Christian Medical College, Vellore, Tamilnadu, India, 2004-06.

Diploma in Medical Radiology & Therapy (Residency in Radiation Oncology), D.M.R.T, Madras Medical College & Govt. General Hospital, Chennai, India, 2004-06.

Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery - M.B.B.S, Govt. Stanley Medical College & Hospital, Chennai, India, 1998-2004.