Bacterial vaginal problem lately

I am 27 year old female and have been sexually active since my teens. But I am facing a vaginal problem lately. Every time after sex, a small quantity of white fluid is discharged from my vagina, although I don’t feel any pain, but this fluid has extremely foul odour and I can’t bear it. Also it becomes awkward and quite ugly to face my partner in that situation. I planning to get married in coming years and this problem is causing a great trouble for me. 

Expert:  Dr. Steve Merris replied 4 Days.

It is always preferable to consult someone in issues like this. As you have mentioned that you were active sexually from your teens and at present facing a vaginal problem. First I would tell that the name of your problem is Bacterial vaginitis, and is caused in many cases caused by a bacterial overgrowth in vagina. Albeit, not dangerous, it can have really worrying symptoms. First measure to cure this problem is to stop having sex for a while and then keep the hygiene in the vaginal area. Also you should consult a doctor or a GP as soon as possible as delay might result some other bacterial infection of vagina. 

Dr. Steve Merris
Medical School - New York University
Internship in Internal Medicine - Beth Israel Medical Center
Residency in Internal Medicine - Beth Israel Medical Center
Fellowship in Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine - Columbia University Medical Center