Beating PULSE in head, nervous feeling with BACTERIAL INFECTION.

I am having my pulse beating in my head and a nervous feeling. Blood pressure pretty normal and heart rate in normal range. Started once a week and then 2 or 3 times and sometimes last for hours off and on.

Also having some skin problems which dermatologist thinks is a bacterial infection. Taken antibiotics for ten days and it has come back. Feels like insect bite but itches and is very painful.
I do not know if the 2 are connected.

Hello. Thank you for posting your query at DoctorSpring.com
A feeling of pulse in the head is mostly attributed to 2 main causes. One of them is migraine and in that case you will have an associated headache. Do you have any headache or any history of migraine?
The other thing can be extreme nervousness. As you said, you have been feeling nervous. In the absence of hypertension, it can be related to anxiety. Do you have any stress at work or anything bothering you, which can lead to extreme nervousness? Please feel free to discuss.
Where exactly is the infection in the skin? What antibiotic were you on? Since it is still itching, an allergic cause has to be ruled out. Sometimes the toxin from an insect bite, can cause a lot of irritation in the same spot for a long time. In those cases, Tab. Claritin 10 mg once at bed time for 5 days will be helpful.

I started Allegra today and yes this info is helpful. I will be getting a physical next week.
I could understand stress but it comes sometimes at a very calm time.
I was drinking every night and I cut that back thinking that might cause my nervousness.

Thank you for your response.

The pulse in the head along with the nervous feeling does seem to be due to to anxiety. In cases of an underlying anxiety disorder, this symptom can manifest even without any stimulus. Any other major cause for your symptoms is highly unlikely. So please do not worry. Do go ahead with the physical. It will be reassuring.

Drinking every night even though being unhealthy, is unlikely to cause nervousness. A person who has recently reduced or stopped drinking can present in withdrawal in which nervousness and heightened pulsations can be symptoms. It is good that you have cut back. If you face any withdrawal symptoms, you can seek medical help. Benzodiazepines are very helpful for withdrawal symptoms.

Let me know if I can help you any further.