Bruised my foot with my dogs teeth, the dog got sick today. Should I be worried about rabies?

Hi, My dog was playing with me and he accidentally bruised my foot with his teeth. There was no deep wound, there was no blood, but I wasn't sure if there was no wound at all. So I forgot about it, I could not even remember if it was 3 or 4, or 5 days ago now. This morning my dog got sick, he wouldn't eat and looked weak and just slept. But when he got some rest he finally ate and seems fine now. Should I be worried and take anti rabbies vaccines? I am feeling fine right now but am afraid that when I start to feel the symptoms, it might be too late.My dog has not been vaccinated yet, he plays a lot with stray dogs. Thank you...

If your dog has been vaccinated regularly, then there is nothing to be worried about. If it has been vaccinated on regular basis then you have to be worried about. Has the dog been showing unnatural behavior like tongue hanging out and drooling saliva, running about like a mad dog. All these are signs for you to take dog immediately to veterinarian.

I suggest you to take the injection for rabies, there are 5 doses you have to take. Its better you also take tetanus booster with it. Rabies virus is present in the saliva of the dog, therefore when the dog bites; the virus gets transmitted with the bite through the wound into our system.

Take your doses of rabies vaccine and if in case your dog dies, it's important you take the dog for autopsy. Naegri bodies is diagnostic if present in the brain autopsy of the dog. You should also know that unfortunately there is no fount treatment for rabies except for prevention. Therefore, it's important you take the doses of vaccine properly.