Cause for masculine square face, hollow forehead.

I am a 36 year old female and I have a few issues going one. First my face has started to look masculine in my opinion. I have always had a strong face, but it looked much more soft in my youth. Also, the shape of my face has changed. I had a nice heart shaped face, now it looks rather square/round. I have fat in the jowl area, that I didn't have before.I don't have drooping or sagging skin however. I have gained some weight, since I was younger as well. My forehead has also gotten pretty flat/hollow. My nose has also started to look longer and bigger, the tip looks like it's falling a little. I think all these changed are contributing to my masculine look. I asked a woman where the bathroom was, and she told me where the men's room was. It was very hurtful to hear, but at least I know it's not in my head.I want to know if it's a volume issue, or do I need something more drastic like a face lift etc. I just want to look softer like I did, when I was younger. I have attached a few pictures. The one with short hair and I look really thin, is when I was younger. The others are of me now. Please advise! Please don't assign me to Dr Souvik Adhikari!!

Category: Cosmetic and Plastic Surgeon

I can understand how you feel.

You look feminine, don't worry about that but if you are not happy with three way you look, there can always be changes that can be made to make you look softer as you mention.

I would recommend doing a botox treatment for the square face that you mention. That will make it look rounder. On both sides at the jaw.

Your cheeks can be filled up with a filler to make them more prominent.

Nose can similarly be lifted up.

You do need a procedure like botox and fillers. Thread lifts may not be as effective.
I would recommend visiting a dermatologist who can do these procedures for you.

Even thermage could be beneficial for you.

Please let me know if you have any queries. Take care

Thank your for you response! I find it very helpful! How can my nose be lifted up a little? Do I need to have a nose job?

Yes you will require to do a nose job to lift up the nose. Fillers can help straighten it a bit.