Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia.

second opinion for my sister in israel, should we be concerned? what does all this means? in plain english please

Hello and thankyou for approaching DoctorSpring with your query.
I have gone through your sisters case and her blood report.
She is likely to be having Chronic lymphocytic leukemia/Chronic lymphatic leukemia
Lymphocytes are a type of blood cells in the body.In this condition there is gradual accumulation of B lymphocytes.
This disease manifests in the bone marrow and blood.

Treatment of this illness depends on multiple factors, like the stage of the disease, blood count, general condition of the patient.
She is in the initial stage of her illness and will not require treatment right now. But she will have to have frequent follow ups to check if there is any progression of the disease. She can have her check up every 3-4 months.

Treatment is indicated if she has weakness, night sweats, her lymph nodes are painful, fever is present, drop in platelet count, poorly responsive to corticosteroid therapy, rate of doubling of her lymphocytes, repeated infections.

As of now I would advise no treatment for the illness, but at a later stage, good treatment is available for this condition if it progresses.
She needs to treat her anemia which will take care of her symptoms of fatigue and tiredness. For that she needs to continue taking her Iron tablets.

I hope this has helped.
Feel free to follow up.
Thankyou

Thank you very much Dr. Hanson ... This makes me feel much better, Say hi to DR. Freilich at LIJ

I am Dr.Deepu Sebin Sebastian MD. Not sure what name is displayed in your side. Please contact support team for any queries.