Short fine hairs in chin and nipple. How to prevent?

I am an African American female, and I have hairs growing on my chin and nipple areas. I first noticed a single hair on my chin when I was about 18, but it was only a few months ago when I noticed more hairs. I am not sure if it has anything to do with with me plucking the hairs.
Most of the hairs around my nipple area are short and fine, but there are a couple that are more dark and coarse.
I have been using Kalo hair remover cream on my chin area after I pluck the hairs, which has seem to slow down the growth. The hairs also seem to be finer and shorter, although most of the hairs were short in the first place.
How do I prevent hair from growing in these areas, and what does this mean?

Thank you for posting your query at DoctorSpring.com

If you did not have this issue earlier, and it is recent, you should see a doctor.
However, not a dermatologist straight off.
I would request you to see an endocrinologist to know the cause of the excessive hair growth - this is called hirsutism.
Endocrinologists specialize in hormones.
The commonest reason could be polycystic ovarian disease ( PCOD ).
In this condition, there is generally menstrual irregularity, excessive hair growth, obesity , pigmentation around the nape of the neck, armpits, groin etc.
Please have an internal exam and a pelvic ultrasound scan done by a gynecologist.
Also, the following hormonal levels - FSH, LH, TSH, Prolactin, OGTT, DHEAS, Free testosterone, SHBG, Serum fasting insulin, C peptide, Lipid profile.
Once this workup is done, you can see an endocrinologist for appropriate treatment.
Generally the treatment protocol involves weight loss and therapy with Metformin and laser procedures for cosmetic appeal.
All the best
Please feel free to discuss further.