Clear blue easy test to date pregnancy

I just found out I'm pregnant earlier this week. The first day of my last period was 12/24/13 and after receiving a positive ovulation result on 1/5/14, I conceived that very day. This morning, I stupidly took a Clear Blue Easy test that said I'm only 1-2 weeks (really 3-4 weeks) along. At 4 weeks and four days along, the reading should be (2-3 weeks) or 4-5 weeks. I've had all the normal symptoms and dark lines on all other tests, but the only post I've found online that's similar to my situation is from a girl who ended up having a miscarriage. Should I be concerned about this, as most people say this test is quite accurate? My first appointment is still more than three weeks away. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for writing to DoctorSpring.com with your health concern.

Going by the date of your menstrual period, you are now 4 weeks and 5 days pregnant.

I understand your concern, but let me reassure you that do not read much into the reading. It can be affected by a lot of factors such as B HCG levels which vary in women and are highly subjective, date of ovulation which cannot be pinpointed at times, time of the day the test was taken etc.

The Clear Blue Easy test is not a proper or recommended way to date your pregnancy.
The most reliable way is to have an ultrasound scan at anytime after 6 weeks to know the status of the fetal development and to detect the heartbeat.

So just take regular folic acid supplements, and do not worry.
You have no symptoms of miscarriage, so there is no reason you are likely to have one.

All the best.
Please feel free to discuss further.