COPD with Type 2 Diabetes.

I am 69 years old live in Germany and have following illnesses: COPD, Diabetes (perfect in controll with pump), high blood pressure in control.

My problem:

In my shoulders both left and right the tendons and all the fibrosis connective tissues splits and looks like olld ropes, it is a continues process. Also i have athroses in the shoulder. I had alredy 4 surgeries in my left shoulder, they cleaned the tissues and removed attecked tissue. The inflammatory process continues and the pain is very hard to take. I can send some pictures made during the surgeries. The pictures shows the status 6 month after surgery 3.

There is a therapy in Germny called Orthovolttherapy, based on Röntgen Radion.

Als a possibility is a delta protheses and removal from all tissues.

Please can ou give me a opinion

Category: Orthopedic Surgeon

Expert:  Dr. Mukesh Tiwari replied 4 Days.

Thankyou for approaching DoctorSpring.com
I have read your details with diligence and understand you concern.
It looks like you are having severe pain at your shoulder.

At this stage of your age with such features, I would suggest that you get help from a physiotherapist He will act by gradually mobilizing your shoulder,this will be supported by some machines and heat therapies.Although this may take a long time but this will help in your gradual recovery.
At this age I am not in favor of surgery as this may aggravate your problem more.

Like I said physiotherapy will be good for you. But I wouldn't advise anything to do with surgery,
I hope this has helped. Please feel free to follow up with further queries and I will guide you.

Thankyou

Dr. Mukesh Tiwari
Fellowship - Khandaka Hospital, Jaipur
Residency - MS, Rabindranath Tagore Medical College, Udaipur, 2000
Medical School, Internship - MBBS, SMS Medical College, Jaipur, 1995