Feels like BRUISE on pressing in thigh. BONE CANCER?

I have a spot on one thigh that feels normal all the time. But when I press on the bone it feels almost like a bruise (I don't have a bruise there). Could this be early stage bone cancer?

Category: Oncologist

Expert:  Dr. Prasad Eswaran replied 4 Days.

Pain on pressure may be a normal one. However, I cannot rule out an adverse possibility with clinical sign alone. I would suggest you undergo a complete evaluation if suggested by your local oncologist.
Feel free to discuss further queries,

I was just looking at a BONE SCAN from February. They had told me it was negative. Then I found this in it: "There are small round foci with minimal uptake in the right femur and right knee metaphysis of the tibia and femur" I looked, and the foci in the femur are about halfway up the leg. Does this mean something bad? I don't think I have arthritis--and anyway, I didn't think you could get arthritis in the middle of the leg. Then I thought that lobular breast cancer often doesn't have it's bone cancer show up very well on scans. Do you think these foci could be cancer?--and just showing with mild uptake? The report didn't say anything about that. Do you think they missed something? I had a second bone scan done 2 months later. And it showed NONE of the foci--in the knee or in the leg. I wondered if maybe they just had the machine set wrong? Should I worry? Or should I figure that they have been checking me responsibly and if it were cancer we would know it? What can cause mild uptake on a bone scan that is NOT cancer?

Expert:  Dr. Prasad Eswaran replied 3 Days.

Bone scans in cancer can be specific in detection of mets.
I cannot be sure without seeing the scans. Can you forward the scan film and reports with time sequence of Chemo administration for correlation.
I thought we were discussing about doing a PET CT scan. Did your oncologist suggest you to do it ??
Kind regards,
Dr. Prasad

Dr. Prasad Eswaran
Doctorate in Medicine (Fellowship in Oncology), DM,  Madras Medical College & Govt. General Hospital, Chennai, India.

Doctor of Medicine (Residency in Radiation Oncology) , MD, Christian Medical College, Vellore, Tamilnadu, India, 2004-06.

Diploma in Medical Radiology & Therapy (Residency in Radiation Oncology), D.M.R.T, Madras Medical College & Govt. General Hospital, Chennai, India, 2004-06.

Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery - M.B.B.S, Govt. Stanley Medical College & Hospital, Chennai, India, 1998-2004.