Fibrocystic breast disease.

QUANTIFERON TB GOLD TEST POSITIVE

Thank you for writing to us at DoctorSpring.I have gone through your reports.

The Quantiferon TB Gold test tells you that Infection with Mycobacterium Tuberculosis is LIKELY. It means that there is a distinct possibility that you are harbouring the tuberculosis bacteria in your body.

The test alone does not provide a diagnosis, it supports the clinical examination, history and other tests such as x rays, imaging, sputum tests etc.

For me to provide you more information, please tell me your history, problems, symptoms, reasons for having the test done, other tests done so far, clinical condition suspected etc.

That will help me to guide you better.
Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

My Wife was feeling pain in chest followed by pus in nipple we consulted dr. and she advice some test. reports are attached. she was on antibiotic for 5 days pus has stopped now it tb has confirm what treatment and precaution you advice

I have gone through your wife's reports.
The condition is known as fibrocystic breast disease.
This is presence of increased lumpiness, and in no way indicates cancer.
Also, some infection was found for which antibiotics were given.
The biopsy does NOT give the diagnosis of tuberculosis infection of the breast.
The blood test is not confirmatory of infection, it only supports the diagnosis.
Biopsy would be confirmatory.
For this condition, I would recommend follow up every year with a mammogram, and 6 monthly check up with a gynecologist.
Also, controlling blood sugar and blood pressure, maintaining normal weight, avoid coffee, smoking, drinking, alcohol.
Daily vitamin E capsules can be taken for 3 months, and if there is pain, then Evening primrose oil capsules ( primosa ) can be taken twice a day for 2 - 3 months.
Daily calcium and vitamin D supplements should be taken .
Do not worry, and I do not see the need to take treatment for tuberculosis in this case.
All the best.
Please feel free to discuss further.