Thanks for posting your query at DoctorSpring.com
I can understand your concern.
I reviewed the picture but it didn't seem like fungal infection.
I would like to know a few things.
1. Is the rash itchy? Fungal infection is very itchy.
2. Which cream did you apply n for how long?
3. Is it anywhere else on the body? Fungal infection usually tends to spread.
Awaiting your reply.
Patient replied :
- The rash usually isn’t itchy. Except on rare occasions (2-3 times a month max) it may randomly feel itchy in the crevice between the leg and scrotum (I think somewhere around there maybe on the lower scrotum too not too sure as it rarely itches).
- As for the cream I have attached pictures of the cream I used. Which is a clotrimazole cream 1%.
- It used to be from the groin area but as I applied the cream to that area the infection went. The cream was only ineffective on the scrotum. So far since then the rash hasn’t spread or reintroduced anywhere else. Also when I got the initial fungal infection it wasn’t on the scrotum till a while later.
Thanks for your reply.
This seems to be dermatitis rather than fungal infection.
I would recommend application of cortisone cream once daily for two weeks and see if it helps.
It doesnt seem anything to worry about.