Growth, bump behind tonsil with mouth ulcers.

I have frequent mouth ulcers, and when looking at it today, I noticed a growth/bump behind my right tonsil, which is not mirrored on the left. I am very concerned the growth might be oral cancer. I am not a smoker, but I do drink regularly. I am 36 years old patientold and otherwise healthy. I did recently have a sinus infection (about 3 weeks ago), and currently, my throat does feel sore and that side of my face/neck is uncomfortable. Please advise.....I have a dental appointment in 3 weeks. Thank you.

The first image is my throat as is, the second is displaying the growth by pushing with a toothbrush, the third is a side by side comparison.

Category: ENT Specialist

Expert:  Dr. Sunil Jalan replied 4 Days.

In pictures I can't see any abnormal growth. Only tonsils and posterior tonsillar pillar seen on both side. Otherwise also tonsillar malignancy is very uncommon with out smoking and tobacco consumption in young age.

So you need not to worry about same.
If you could point out where exactly you feel is the growth, it would help me assess it better.

Best regards

Thank you for your response. I don't believe those pictures accurately display the growth behind my tonsil. I had my husband look at it today, and I am attaching 2 new pictures. My husband described it as looking like an ulcer or blister. I actually don't feel the growth itself, but I have some pain in that area (feels like a sore throat), as well as pain in my neck and ear. I am prone to frequent sinus infections, but this growth (if that is what it is) has me concerned. About 15 years old patientago, I was diagnosed with vaginal HPV, and I have been reading about how HPV can cause issues in your oral cavity as well.
Thank you for any follow up you can offer me.

Expert:  Dr. Sunil Jalan replied 3 Days.

This looks like lymphoid tissue only like tonsil. It doesnot have any irregular surface or slough on it. So again we can ignore it, but examination by local ent surgeon we be better. You need treatment for sore throat. This is not hpv lesion.

Hpv usually involve larynx and lesion looks different.

Dr. Sunil Jalan

Dr. Sunil Jalan
DAA (Diploma in asthma and allergy) : Christian Medical College, Vellore, 2012
D.N.B (ENT), 2011
Residency - M.S. (Master post graduate degree in otorhinolaryngology),  Christian Medical College, Vellore, 2009
D.L.O. (Diploma in otorhinolaryngology) - Christian Medical College, Vellore, 2007
Medical School - M.B.B.S, S.P. Medical college, Bikaner, 2004