I have red spots on my penis

Hello Doctor, I am a 30 year old male. I have red spots on my penis. What to do?

Expert:  Dr. Steve Merris replied 4 Days.

Thank you for your question.

We would advise you to go to your local pharmacist shop and look at the men's health side for a product which can treat Jock Itch. If you are unable to find one you should also take care to look for it in the women's section for a product which can treat vaginal yeast infections. You may come across Monostat Vagisil or even Canesten. Any of them will work.

You should go ahead and apply the cream as directed on the tube. If it turns out to be a type of yeast infection, you will see its immediate effects.

You must continue to apply the cream daily and regularly as per the instructions given on the package and do not stop even if the symptoms disappear otherwise it will come back again and you will now need the help of a doctor. Remember to change the underwear every day, shower regularly and follow the instructions given on the tube.

Dr. Steve Merris
Medical School - New York University
Internship in Internal Medicine - Beth Israel Medical Center
Residency in Internal Medicine - Beth Israel Medical Center
Fellowship in Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine - Columbia University Medical Center