Intense pain in jaw and tooth on sleeping. SINUSES?

30 year old male. My upper left back molar has been getting sore over the last week or so, and I have scheduled a dentists appointment for tomorrow. However, last night and tonight, when I have lied down to go to sleep, I have gotten an intense excruciating pain in my upper jaw, including most of my upper left teeth. It almost feels like they are getting ready to break. It lasts anywhere from 3 to 10 minutes, and then if I try to lay down again, the pain comes back. It is the most pain I have felt in a long time. Is this due to my teeth or sinuses? Is it worthy of an emergency room visit or can it wait until morning. I am hesitant to try to go back to sleep in fear of more pain. Thank you.

Category: Dentist

Expert:  Dr. Girish P.V replied 4 Days.

If there is a tooth with a deep or large cavity in that area, then the pain is mostly teeth related.
Sinus related pain is also usually associated with an infected tooth
If you have a painkiller tablet such as Paracetamol or Advil, take it immediately and then i guess in the morning schedule your visit to the dentist.
You can watch for half an hour after you take the tablet, still if pain is,unbearable pls go immediately to the nearby dental emergency or hospital.

Dr. Girish P.V
Trained under Dr.Fillion (France) in 2006 for Lingual orthodontics  
Trained by Hee Moon Kyung(Korea) for invisible braces(2010)  
Certified / Trained in Germany for Clear Aligners (Invisible braces)  
Trained under Dr.Girish Rao for dental implants
MDS in Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics from A.E.C.S Maaruti Dental College and Hospitals, Bangalore   
BDS, V.S Dental College and Hospitals, Bangalore